Tuesday 20 March 2012

Charmed by J-Rock

I think that, at least for those who know me, saying that I've been mesmerised by many artists won't be surprising. I admire many people for many things, mostly because they drove my attention to a lot of issues and problems that I wouldn't have ever thought of, if I hadn't got to know those people. They, in some way, helped me to become the person I am.

When I was a small and lovely girl (I really was like that, small and lovely), I came across the "Sailor Moon" anime series. Because of this encounter I became interested in anime and manga, which developed into a fascination of the Japanese and Asian culture and languages. 

One of the aspects of the Japanese culture I like the most is their type of rock music. In the visual aspect it is really different from the European one. It differs also in terms of the approach to music and lyrics. 

The band that has a special place in my heart is Girugamesh, although I really admire X Japan, Mucc, L'Arc en Ciel and UVERworld as well. When I heard Satoshi's (the vocalist) voice and listened to the rhythm of guitars and the drums I knew it was it. There was harmony in this cacophony, if you know what I mean ^_^. I listen to many different types of music but this pure and clear male vocal mixed with the music full of energy couldn't have left me cold. Whatever it is, a ballad song or kind of hard core and scream song, it just captivates me because of the amount of feelings and emotions that the band tries to transmit. Whenever I hear them it makes me want to sing along, even though I can't understand the lyrics clearly. I really have a soft spot for this band.

For anyone interested in how the band plays, here is one of my favourite songs (with English subs so that you know what it's all about) Enjoy >_<

.


No comments:

Post a Comment